Besides winning awards in the ‘Best UK Park Operator’ category at the British Travel Awards for 3 years in a row, you’ll find lots of great reasons to stay with Parkdean. In fact, in the last three years alone we’ve spent £33 million across our 24 parks, with £12 million spent in 2013, to make sure your Parkdean holiday experience is the best ever!
Wemyss Bay Holiday Park is nestled in a glorious setting, high on the wooded slopes of Wemyss Bay, offering stunning views across Firth of Clyde. This hillside park is perfect for island hopping between the Isles or Arran, Cumbrae or historic Bute and is ideal for exploring the West Coast of Scotland.
Awards: 4 Star Excellent Award from the Scottish Tourist Board, Gold David Bellamy Conservation Award
Facilities and entertainment includes –
* Kids’ clubs with Sid & Lizzie for preschool – 10 year olds.
* Freestyle teen club for 10-15 year olds.
* Fun-filled family evenings in the Showbar entertainment lounge.
* Indoor swimming pool and toddlers’ splash pool.
* Recently refurbished Livingstone’s Bar & Grill, with a delicious food menu.
* Café@Wemyss for tasty food with a magnificent view from the outdoor patio area.
* Showbar serving a wide selection of quality drinks.
* Outdoor adventure play area with slide, zip wire, swings and climbing frame.
* Nature Trails.
* Free Wi-Fi in designated areas.
* Pet friendly accommodation.
* And much more!
Why not book your stay in our luxury lodges? You’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Book early and secure your 2014 stay for just a low £50 deposit, plus save up to £100 on selected weeks! Visit www.parkdean.com for great savings on your next holiday.
- Largs seaside resort is close by
- Kelburn Country Park
- Ferry trips to Isles of Bute and Arran, Loudon Castle Theme Park, Finlaystone – A beautiful estate with gardens, woodland walk, picnic sites and play areas, Glasgow is 45 minutes drive.
My parents have a static caravan at this site and so I have been a regular visitor here. This is not a site that offers facilities for tourers or campers, simply statics for hire or sale.
The site is in a great location overlooking the Firth of Clyde towards the Isle of Bute and is located up a long steep hill just above the Ferry Terminal at Wemyss Bay. Largs is just down the coast is like a 50/60's style seaside town, really quaint and friendly and worth a visit.
Getting back to this site, it has a pub/restaurant, chippy, shop and laundrette on site and amusement arcade. Additionally there is a swimming pool and play area but all these facilities come at cost and I personally find this site pretty expensive. In addition to your caravan hire, visitors wishing to use the entertainment/leisure facilities have to purchase passes, the cost of which varies dependant on the season time and the cabaret entertainment at night time is frankly usually terrible. All that said though, this is a great location, the West Coast of scotland is beautiful and catches the gulf stream giving you better weather than you would expect in Scotland and the views across the water from this site are quite breath-taking. Horse-riding also operates just off the back the site and there are good walks through the surrounding woodland.
If you don't mind paying a little over the odds and can put up with wannabe redcoats howling down the microphone, then you'll probably enjoy this site.
This reviewer is a family with children, a holidaymaker