Banham Zoo – Applewood Countryside Park Banham, Norfolk, East England, NR16 2HE (Location map)
1st February to 31st October 2017
Applewood Countryside Park is located in the beautiful area of South Norfolk and offers some great facilities to make for a relaxing break in the countryside. The park is adjacent to one of the country’s most exciting wildlife attractions, Banham Zoo with over 2,000 animals from around the world, and is ideally situated to explore the many attractions and picturesque landscapes of Norfolk and Suffolk.
A quiet, family-friendly caravan park and campsite we cater for touring caravans, motor homes, tents and offer six cosy glamping pods. Our facilities include a Park Reception, spacious pitches, electrical hook-ups and exclusive disabled hook-up points, free WiFi, modern high standard shower and toilet facilities, together with laundry and washing-up facilities. Dogs are also welcome!
Just short walk from the park is the Appleyard shopping courtyard which provides all the amenities you may need during your stay, including a licensed grocery shop, craft shop, family run butchers, fast food takeaway restaurant and hairdressers, not to mention an award winning cider producer and local pub, the “Banham Barrel”. Every Sunday we also have one of the largest car boots in the area starting at 6am with hundreds of stalls and thousands of bargains.
· 110 Electric pitches
· Hard standing available
· Exclusive disabled hook-up points, shower and toilet facilities
· Free WiFi
· Dog friendly
· Glamping pods
· Special benefits and concessionary rates for clubs (full details on request)
· Secure storage available
· Discounted tickets to Banham Zoo
Applewood Countryside Park is adjacent to Banham Zoo.
Come eye to eye with some of nature’s magnificent predators at one of the most exciting wildlife attractions in the country.
The Zoo's wildlife spectacular will take you on a journey around the globe to experience at close quarters some of the worlds most exotic, rare and endangered animals. Set amongst 35 acres of beautiful Breckland countryside and landscaped gardens, you will discover over 2,000 animals ranging from big cats to birds of prey and siamangs to Shire horses.
Throughout the day there are plenty of feeding talks, displays, animal encounter sessions and presentations, soft play, Tarzan Towers adventure play area and much, much more.
- St George's Distillery, home of The English Whisky Co. and the first distillery in England in over 100 years
- Redgrave & Lopham Fen, National Nature Reserve and the largest remaining lowland valley fen in England
- Bressingham Steam & Gardens, a magnificent collection of working locomotives that take you on a tour of six beautifully landscaped gardens and woodland
- Dinosaur Adventure, explore this amazing world of dinosaurs, discover DINOMITE, a prehistoric paradise of climbing nets, bridges and ball pools and get wet and wild at Dippy's Splash Zone, a water play park filled with jets, fountains and slides
- Norfolk Broads, day boat hire and tours available
- Historic city of Norwich, for the castle, museums, theatre and shopping
- Busy market towns, including Diss, Attleborough, Bury St Edmunds
- National Trust properties, including Oxburgh Hall, Ickworth House
Based on 5 review(s)
ESSEX 01 May 2013
We love Applewood Campsite. We visit atleast twice a year. It is excellent for the children, wide open space, a pub, takeaway and a shop within 5mins walking and of course Banham Zoo its the only time we truely relax can't wait for our next visit, thank you Applewood.
NORFOLK 27 May 2012
A truly fab site, really relaxed, the kids can safely ride their bikes, playing in the park etc. while the parents relax. Always very clean with helpful friendly staff. We went last year that the kids want to go this year and have booked again and dont know why anyone would want to go anywhere else. The best part was paying a extra £2 on top of the entry price for the zoo and could go in everyday anytime for the whole stay of our holiday, which the kids loved as they could collect the different medals to show their friends. Has a shop at the enterance that has all the essentials for everyday, and a fanastic fish and chip shop too Happy Camping
norfolk 25 May 2011
a truly fab site, really relaxed, the kids can safely play making dens, riding bikes, playing in the park etc. while the parents relax. Always very clean with helpful friendly staff. we go most weekends and dont know why anyone would want to go anywhere else.
essex 18 Mar 2011
we came to applewood for our freinds birthday as a treat and she enjoyed herself immensly, we have been three times before and we were impressed by the cleanliness of both the site and the facilitys plus the arrangments with the zoo my grandson did like that, we will be back. ray and family
Suffolk 03 Aug 2009
Went here as part of a Caravan Club Rally. Excellent well maintained site with plenty of room around all pitches. Two shower blocks one a bit dated but ok, the newer one had no seats to use after showering. Banham Zoo next door with special rates for user of the site. Lovely site Applewood Caravan & Camping Park, Banham, Norfolk