Autumn holidays in the UK are a wonderful time for a family getaway. It's a chance to enjoy wild woodland walks and cycling trails, explore secret hidden coves on deserted beaches and discover amazing nearby attractions.
Whether you're looking for a quiet couple's break or a family holiday, be inspired by our pick of the best holidays for Autumn 2021 and 2022 with warming hot tubs, heated indoor swimming pools and dog-friendly options from Scotland to Cornwall.
1. ISLE OF WIGHT: One of the best winter breaks in the UK for family groups is this stunning holiday park overlooking the beach at Bembridge. This park has a clubhouse, and for children offers mad science workshops, laser tag and even a fairy and elf academy!
2. NORTHUMBERLAND: Take the children to this amazing family holiday park with a leisure complex, indoor swimming pool, gym and spa! There's also a children’s adventure park, regular events and activities and a beautiful country style bar & restaurant. Pet-friendly and open all year round, this is a stunning coastal location that is just 200 yards from the beach.
3. CORNWALL: Treat yourself to a few days of luxury at a woodland hot tub lodge in the grounds of the Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate. This is a great base from which to visit the Eden Project, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Charlestown, famous as the location of the BBC's adaptation of Poldark. On-site there's a variety of first-class spa and leisure facilities including an infinity swimming pool with a full-length glass wall giving panoramic landscape views of the grounds plus a sauna, steam room, tennis courts and gym.
4. SNOWDONIA: All the family will love this 5-star lakeside retreat in the foothills of Snowdonia National Park with amazing mountain views. For luxury family holidays in a stylish setting, this is a tranquil retreat with outdoor adventures close by at the amazing Zip World Fforest! Featuring luxury hot tub lodges and top of the range caravans, this park has a large heated indoor swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, steam room, tepidarium and sauna.
5. DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY: For exceptional views across the Irish Sea, the Solway Firth and the Isle of Man, escape to this beautiful family-owned holiday park in a quiet, rural location on the stunning Dumfries and Galloway coast. This is a family-friendly park with an indoor jacuzzi and splash pool, children's soft play, crazy golf and an amusement arcade. For adults, there is a snooker room with a licensed bar, pitch and putt golf and a putting green.
6. NEW FOREST: Meet the resident alpacas at this family-friendly holiday park where you can learn to Segway through the forest or escape to the open moors. On-site, there are children's play areas, family entertainment, an indoor soft play area, a kids activity programme and an arcade. For adults, there's a gym offering fitness classes and a spa. The wonderful Peppa Pig World, Go Ape and Beaulieu Motor Museum are all nearby.
7. LAKE DISTRICT: Enjoy the family fun at this friendly holiday park with an indoor swimming pool, waterfall and slide plus a small pool for children. On-site, there is a cafe, crazy golf, a children's play park and a 10-pin bowling alley, as well as snooker and pool tables, bike hire and a fitness centre. Discover the beautiful Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the Lake District National Park nearby.
8. LINCOLNSHIRE: Teach the family to play golf at this stunning pet-friendly holiday park in Lincolnshire with its own golf course, tennis courts, clubhouse and bar, surrounded by exciting attractions including high speed fun for all the family at Raceway Kart Centre. Book a hot tub lodge or bring your tourer!
9. LOCH LOMOND: Experience the unspoilt beauty of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park when you stay in one of these luxury hot tub lodges - the perfect base from which to explore the rugged surrounding countryside or the water at nearby Loch Lomond. Take to the skies with Loch Lomond Seaplanes, discover Blair Drummond Safari & Adventure Park or enjoy a wee dram at the Glengoyne Distillery.
10. HEREFORD: Enjoy the peace at this quiet 5-star resort by the River Arrow near the village of Eardisland, famous for its striking black-and-white Tudor cottages in rural Herefordshire. The park is set in secluded and picturesque surroundings and offers a choice of self-catering lodges not far from the country pub, shop and tea room.
Book your Autumn getaway for 2021 or book ahead for 2022 today. A week over the school holidays or a Halloween weekend treat could be just what you all need to recharge your batteries and have fun.