TO AVOID – run away from this holiday park
I wanted to believe that negative comments on internet about this park were false and that customers were exaggerating .... But in fact, everything is negative in this park from A to Z.
I came to this park (as couple), with a poodle for a stay of 4 nights (Monday to Thursday)
The person at the reception told me that with an animal, I could only access a mobile home "bronze"; (Price £ 94.00 + covers)
I ask to see the mobile home before I decide to rent it: impossible (very handy !!!)
I ask if I can park my car next to the mobile home during the stay: No - you have to use the parking provided for (20/30 meters in the wet grass )- mowed but not picked up, so you get plenty of wet grass on your shoes – and it is difficult for rolling suitcases; but it is not important and not the problem of the staff who do the bookings and take the money.
I have come back at 4pm: check in time
Be careful :This site is situated along a very narrow road, when I say very narrow, it is VERY VERY narrow, two vehicles can not pass easily; local drivers drive as crazy on this road; if you like your vehicle and your mirrors, run away!!!!!!! This is good advice.
But of course, this is not the fault of the site. I give you the information so that you are warned.
So back at 4pm; difficult to park in the parking lot assigned to these mobile homes, because too small; if you come back after 5pm: good luck. I get the keys at reception (linen is supposed to have been deposited in the mobile home). 1st contact: a disaster; impossible to believe that a brand like "park holidays' can rent mobile homes in this state;
- rickety stairs and slippery
- signs of water infiltration in several places
- under the mobile home: dirty and full of trash
- curtains that seem dated decades
So first visual appearance: not very engaging
I open the door a horrible odour, a mixture of cigarette smoke, moisture and musty staring us in the throat ........ I thought that with a good draft, it will go ; Unfortunately, no. This mobilehome has not seen a vacuum cleaner for years; cleaning is non-existent,
Here's a list of defects:
- smoke detector right above the toaster : if you toast some bread : alarm.
- Draw missing from the kitchen cabinet
- living area: no woodboard on 1 meter under the cushion in the corner: do not sit there or you fall through
- Missing parts in the refrigerator: vegetables basket, handle, bar to bottle holder in the door, so not usable
- Cushions covered in animal hair of all colors , and very tired
- Linen thrown on the cushions so covered with dust and hair, so you sleep breathing this horrible odour.
- Water marks and runs on different sides of the mobile home and on the ceiling this was inside
- Ceiling lights: full of dead flies and insects.
- Mould in the bottom of the shower
- non-existent water pressure in the shower
- work tops of the kitchen and living room table: sticky, uncleaned.
- Cobwebs throug all the rooms
- Duvets and pillows: stinky and very very tired
This type of mobile home should have been removed from the park many years ago; but "park holidays" does not hesitate to rent it to tourists and pet owners.
Very disappointed with this mobile home, we decide to leave the park the next day ; we only stayed for 2 nights instead of 4; we complained to the reception, which obviously gives no refund; the manager was called: he did not open his mouth, and not an apology. The front desk staff told us that she would have offered to change mobihome if we had stayed (strange: there was NO availability when we arrived !!!).
Note: acceptable food at the restaurant of this park; Please note that all staff (staff and management) spends there evenings drinking beer and shorts at the bar and restaurant from 17.00-onwards; beautiful publicity for "holiday park"; By the way, if you have a pet and want lunch or dinner, you will eat your meals on the terrace, sharing the cigarette smoke of smokers who ignore
the fact that you are having a meal (nice of the staff).
Note: You can fill out a "feedback" online !! but the page does not exist (practical to get no complaints)
So AVOID this site particularly unwelcoming; the number of my mobihome G15 in the garden,
(photos to prove the above on request if wanted)