Applewood Countryside Park is the perfect retreat for family, friends and couples to relax and explore Norfolk’s beautiful countryside and stunning coastline.
Set within 13 acres of grassy parkland, this dog-friendly campsite is dotted with mature trees and laurel hedges offering quiet, sheltered pitches. On site facilities include excellent shower rooms and toilets, with additional fully accessible/ family bathrooms, free WiFi, children's play trail, an undercover Games Den and laundry facilities.
Caravans, campervans, motorhomes and tents are all welcome, with a great choice of electric and non-electric grass pitches. Hardstanding and XL pitches are also available. Large groups and rally clubs are welcomed too!
If you fancy glamping, you can choose a Standard Glamping Pod; cosy and unfurnished. Or a Posh Glamping Pod with either a double or twin beds, small kitchenette and TV. Or why not treat yourself to a stay in one of the five luxury Shepherd's Cabins with private terrace, en-suite bathroom, compact kitchen and a charming sitting/dining area - real luxury!
Touring is available February to December and glamping is available all year round.
The campsite boasts a great location next to Banham Zoological Gardens and is within walking distance to the village of Banham and its amenities; local pub, convenience store, family-run butchers & delicatessen and a takeaway restaurant.
• 110 Electric pitches
• Luxury Shepherd’s Cabins & Glamping Pods
• Designated accessible pitches
• Children’s play trail & Games den
• Free Wi-Fi
• Laundry facilities
• Dog friendly
• Group bookings & rally clubs welcome
• Secure undercover storage
• Discounted tickets to Banham Zoological Gardens
Become a member at Applewood Countryside Park and benefit from the following:
- Stay 7 nights or more and receive a 20% discount on touring pitches
- Book a 2 night stay during February to March or October to December and get the second night half price* on touring pitches
- Book 2 nights or more in one of our Standard or Posh Glamping Pods and save £5.00 per night
- Book a 7 night stay in one of our luxury Shepherd’s Cabins and get £50.00 off
- Book a 3 night stay in a Shepherd’s Cabin during January to March or October to December and get £25.00* off your stay
- Recommend a friend to become a member and get a FREE night’s stay
Call 01953 715318 for further details.
DirectionsFollow the brown tourist signs to Banham Zoo from the A11 and A140. Enter the Banham Zoo carpark and follow the signs to Applewood Countryside Park.
Make your stay a little more exciting and spend the day at Banham Zoo, Norfolk’s award-winning family attraction, only a 5-minute walk from the park.
The Zoo's wildlife spectacular will take you on a journey around the globe to experience at close quarters some of the worlds most exotic, rare and endangered animals. Set amongst 35 acres of beautiful Breckland countryside and landscaped gardens, you will discover over 2,000 animals ranging from big cats and giraffes to birds of prey and penguins.
Throughout the day there are plenty of feeding talks, bird of prey displays, animal encounter sessions and presentations and much, much more.
- St George's Distillery, home of The English Whisky Co. and the first distillery in England in over 100 years
- Redgrave & Lopham Fen, National Nature Reserve and the largest remaining lowland valley fen in England
- Bressingham Steam Museum & Gardens, a magnificent collection of working locomotives that take you on a tour of six beautifully landscaped gardens and woodland
- ROARR! Dinosaur Adventure, explore this amazing world of dinosaurs, discover DINOMITE, a prehistoric paradise of climbing nets, bridges and ball pools and get wet and wild at Dippy's Splash Zone, a water play park filled with jets, fountains and slides
- Norfolk Broads, day boat hire and tours available
- Historic city of Norwich, for the castle, museums, theatre and shopping
- Busy market towns, including Diss, Attleborough, Bury St Edmunds
- National Trust properties, including Oxburgh Hall, Ickworth House
Based on 5 review(s)
ESSEX 01 May 2013
We love Applewood Campsite. We visit atleast twice a year. It is excellent for the children, wide open space, a pub, takeaway and a shop within 5mins walking and of course Banham Zoo its the only time we truely relax can't wait for our next visit, thank you Applewood.
NORFOLK 27 May 2012
A truly fab site, really relaxed, the kids can safely ride their bikes, playing in the park etc. while the parents relax. Always very clean with helpful friendly staff. We went last year that the kids want to go this year and have booked again and dont know why anyone would want to go anywhere else. The best part was paying a extra £2 on top of the entry price for the zoo and could go in everyday anytime for the whole stay of our holiday, which the kids loved as they could collect the different medals to show their friends. Has a shop at the enterance that has all the essentials for everyday, and a fanastic fish and chip shop too
norfolk 25 May 2011
a truly fab site, really relaxed, the kids can safely play making dens, riding bikes, playing in the park etc. while the parents relax. Always very clean with helpful friendly staff. we go most weekends and dont know why anyone would want to go anywhere else.
essex 18 Mar 2011
we came to applewood for our freinds birthday as a treat and she enjoyed
herself immensly, we have been three times before and we were impressed by the cleanliness of both the site and the facilitys plus the arrangments with the zoo my grandson did like that, we will be back.
ray and family
Suffolk 03 Aug 2009
Went here as part of a Caravan Club Rally.
Excellent well maintained site with plenty of room around all pitches.
Two shower blocks one a bit dated but ok, the newer one had no seats to use after showering.
Banham Zoo next door with special rates for user of the site.
Applewood Caravan & Camping Park, Banham, Norfolk