Barmoor Castle Country Park is a family-owned (and run) caravan & lodge park set in the grounds of a historic Northumberland castle.
If you are searching for a beautiful country retreat, look no further.
The park offers:
* Fantastic spacing between pitches. The average distance is 20 yards between caravans, when the statutory distance is 20 feet.
* Wonderful parkland with an abundance of wildlife.
* Unique location, positioned midway between Berwick on Tweed and Wooler, the gateway to the Cheviots.
* Holy Island (Lindisfarne) is just a short drive away and there are a wealth of beautiful beaches along the Northumberland coastline to visit.
* Peace and tranquility.
* A lovely community atmosphere, especially as there is no commercial subletting allowed on the park.
"Undoubtedly, the location for those who value their quality leisure time in the country. You have to see it to believe it!"
* Holy Island
* Bamburgh Castle
* Ford & Etal Estate
* Alnwick Castle & Gardens
* Floors Castle
Holy Island is a 15 minute car journey away. Safe causeway crossing times can be found here
How about a visit to Ford and Etal with a pub meal in the excellent Black Bull pub with thatched roof.
Tyne & Wear 10 Mar 2007
Barmoor Castle Country Park more than lives up to it's description as a peaceful and beautiful retreat.
If you are looking for a park with entertainment and organised activities then this is not the place for you. It's a place where you can truly relax and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but still have the convenience of being a short drive away from historic Berwick upon Tweed, or the many border towns and villages.