Discover the best luxury and affordable winter breaks in the UK in 2021. From luxury lodges to rustic log cabins in stunning surroundings near festive traditional Christmas markets and fairy tale woodland walks.
If you love cosy evenings in front of an open fire or life-affirming walks in the countryside, then a winter getaway is just what you need. Add a private hot tub or mountain view and you’ve got the recipe for happiness just a click away. Treat yourself and your nearest and dearest to a wonderful winter getaway or take the whole family away for an enchanting Christmas break at one of these amazing places.
Hot Tub Holidays
Is there anything more inviting than a warming bubbling hot tub on a cold winter's night? Hot tub holidays can be romantic escapes or fun for all the family, even in the middle of winter.
1. CORNWALL: Relax with a glass of bubbly at this exclusive holiday lodge with hot tub near the beautiful sandy beaches of Cornwall. This lodge is at an amazing holiday resort with a heated indoor swimming pool, health club and spa.
2. ISLE OF WIGHT: One of the best winter breaks in the UK for family groups is this stunning holiday park overlooking the beach at Bembridge. This park has a clubhouse, and for children offers mad science workshops, laser tag and even a fairy and elf academy!
Beach holidays are not just for summer. Winter walks on sandy beaches, discovering hidden coves or high clifftops are one of the best ways to fill winter days.
3. SUFFOLK: For beaches, woodlands and the most spectacular sunrises in the country, recharge your batteries at this idyllic clifftop holiday village. Surrounded by forests along the beautiful Suffolk coastline near Lowestoft, this is an oasis of calm where you can enjoy winter walks along the expansive stretch of long sandy beaches.
Calming lakes have inspired many an artist and writer and their glistening waters still hold a fascination that brings a sense of peace. A walk by a lake is said to be good for the soul.
4. NORTH YORKSHIRE: Enjoy the uniquely grand surroundings at this holiday park next to a lake in the beautiful grounds of the historic stately home Castle Howard in the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Explore the 1,000 acres of stunning parkland and gardens surrounding Castle Howard and enjoy gentle walks around the lake.
Log Cabin Holidays
A cosy, romantic log cabin with a fireplace is hard to beat on a crisp winter's evening. Add a stunning view and you won't even need to go outside.
5. YORKSHIRE DALES: Have fun glamping in a cosy log cabin at this family holiday retreat in a peaceful rural valley. Surrounded by glorious countryside in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, this area offers some of the best hiking and cycling trails in the UK.
For some of us, a holiday is all about the views and what could be better than waking up to the backdrop of a spectacular mountain range.
6. HIGHLANDS: Be inspired by the panoramic views over the Ochil Hills in the heart of Scotland at this quiet holiday park near a variety of activities including hill walking, golf, off-road cycling and pony trekking. There's also a great selection of historic sites, canals, steam railways, motorsports and a safari park all close by.
For wonderful wildlife and a meandering pace of life to inspire deep relaxation, riverside holidays are the place to be.
7. PERTHSHIRE: Escape to this beautiful unspoilt Scottish region of hills, mountains, forested glens and cascading waterfalls for a winter break with a difference. This is a riverside holiday park set against a backdrop of gentle hills where thrill-seekers will find a choice of adrenaline-fuelled activities from climbing and rafting to bungee jumping and gorge scrambling. For a more relaxed winter break, enjoy the peace and tranquillity boating on the still, calm lochs or simply take in the breathtaking natural beauty on gentle walks or bike rides through the wild Scottish landscape.
Enchanting Christmas and New Year breaks are booking up fast! Book today to secure your dates.