Garth Holiday Park is one of the best retreats in Wales, on the outskirts of Snowdonia National Park and a short distance outside of the friendly and popular market town of Machynlleth, close to the west coast of the country.
The park itself is an ideal retreat from which to escape whatever pressures your everyday life brings to you, and presents miles of woodland and countryside for you to explore at will. All of the usual outdoor retreats are available from a short distance away or in the park itself, including fishing, golf, cycling, and horse riding.
Despite loving such idyllic retreats, we understand that not everyone enjoys a large affinity with the outdoors, and that is where Machynlleth comes in. The town features a new multi-million pound leisure complex, in addition to great shops, bars, restaurants, and still the traditional market, which is held on a weekly basis.
If you are looking to enjoy the park without leaving your surroundings, then open spaces invite children and pets to explore at their leisure, while there is a classy bar and restaurant facility on site that will keep you well fed and watered.
The undoubted jewel in the crown of Garth Holiday Park is the location it enjoys, and the possibilities that abound as a result. Snowdonia National Park has many activity centres that, in addition to the pursuits already mentioned, offer things such as archery and climbing. For a real challenge and a sense of achievement, you can head to the north of the park and take on Mount Snowdon, Wales’ highest peak.
Wales’ stunning western coastline is also easily accessible from Garth Holiday Park, with Aberystwyth and Cardigan both great towns with sandy beaches and much more. Away from the coast, rural villages are to be found throughout the Welsh valleys, and each local community is sure to be welcoming and bring a smile to your face.
- GOLF Machynlleth Golf Club is just a 5 minute walk from our park, or the charming Aberdofyl Golf Club with its views of the Dovey Estuary is just a 10 minute drive away.
- PONY TREKKING is available within a 10 or 30 minutes car journey.
- WATER SPORTS it is only a 20 minute drive to some of the most beautiful beaches in Wales.
- RAILWAYS with the Ffestiniog and Snowdon railways to the north and Fairbourne and Tall-y-Llyn railway 20 minutes' drive to the north, our park is ideally situated for the enthusiast of the "Great Little Trains of Wales".
- FISHING fish directly from our own river bank or take advantage of the daily fishing trips from Barmouth.
- PLACES TO VISIT
Machynlleth Leisure Centre (in Machynlleth)
Celtica (in Machynlleth)
Plas Dolgug Hotel (on the park)
Tabernakel (in Machynlleth)
Centre for Alternative Technology (in Machynlleth)
King Arthur's Labytinth (10 mins)
Llanfair Slate Caverns (1 hour)
Snowdonia's Sygun Copper Mine (1 hour)
Fairbourne & Barmouth Steam Railway (45 mins)
Talyllyn Railway (20 mins)
Ffestiniog Railway (1 hour)
Rhiw Goch Ski & Mountain Centre (1.15 hours)
Shopping in the nearby market town of Machynlleth.
Be the first in adding a review!