Situated close to the Cornwall coast, Budemeadows Touring Park is only a mile from the sprawling beaches found at Widemouth Bay. The park is open throughout the year, and as a result enjoys a reputation as one of the leading holiday parks in Cornwall, offering motorhome and tent pitches, each with their own electric hook up. Situated in the naturally undulating parkland offered by the area, Budemeadows is one of the most peaceful and sheltered campsites in Cornwall.
The pitches at Budemeadows are in small groups, separated by hedges and fences to ensure a degree of privacy to those who want it. Although the surrounding woodland is perfect for offering shelter, it does not prevent access to views across some of the most beautiful countryside that Cornwall has to offer.
Budemeadows is home to a heated outdoor pool – not open during the winter months – as well as a games room housing snooker and pool and fun outdoor ‘super-size’ games such as chess and connect four. There is a convenience store situated on site where you are able to buy most of your essentials, meaning that you never have to leave the park should you not wish to do so.
Grumpy Pete’s Bar offers a refreshing range of drinks, including a number of local ales, and even has games such as Cluedo and Monopoly for you to use if you want to immerse yourself in an afternoon session of board games. Freshly ground coffee and baked cookies and muffins are also used to entice you into the building, but you won’t be left underwhelmed once inside.
The town of Bude is a short drive from the park, however the real charm to the area is to be found in exploring the vast coastline and acres of countryside that are presented on your doorstep.
All quoted pitch prices are for 2 adults including electric hook-up, for other rates please visit the website
Budemeadows boasts a heated outdoor pool* surrounded by an enclosed grass area provided with sun loungers. The pool is heated and kept at around 28°C and the adjacent toddlers pool is usually
The site shop* stocks a range of groceries, sweets, ice creams, toys
and camping equipment.
Grumpy Pete’s Bar* provides a sheltered nook for a refreshing drink,
which many of our guests have said adds to the continental feel of the
park as a whole. As well as wines, spirits and a range of local beers
the bar serves tea, freshly ground Italian coffee and our famed hot
chocolate (with or without cream and marshmallows). If you are feeling
peckish we bake cookies most mornings in high season and the
occasional batch of muffins. There is also a range of board games
available for use in the bar, but don’t get the Monopoly out unless you
are ready for a long session.
Facilities on site include:
• Landscaped park with pitches laid out in small groupings around the site.
• Open all year; hard standing/all weather pitches available.
• Grumpy Pete's Bar for wines, Spirits, beers, fresh ground coffee, tea, hot chocolate and home baked cookies*.
• Outdoor heated swimming pool and separate heated toddler pool*.
• Outdoor games - giant chess, Connect 4, table tennis and skittles.
• Hedged barbeque areas with brick built barbeques and picnic tables.
• Television and games room.
• Well lit, family sized showers, with free hot water.
• Baby bath and changing room.
• Free hair dryers and hand dryers.
• Most pitches with electric hook-ups (16 amps).
• Public telephone box under cover.
• Battery charging for mobile phones, I-pods, gameboys etc.
• Grumpy Petes Bar, the shop and swimming pool open mid and high season.
* Pools, bar and shop open Mid and High season
The Big Sheep
The Milky Way
The Eden Project
We offer spacious and luxurious, purpose designed buildings and recreation facilities
* Giant chess set
* Outdoor table tennis
* Purpose built barbeques
Based on 1 review(s)
Shropshire 04 Jul 2011
Although we visited out of season and the range of facilities was limited, as one would expect, the toilets and showers were all available and kept to a very high standard. All areas of the site were well maintained and we found the owner who greeted us friendly and most helpful. We occupied a fully serviced plot which worked well. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay